Majid Tavakoli ist nun seit sechs Tagen im trockenen Hungerstreik.
Wir rufen jeden auf, sich jetzt für Majid Tavakoli einzusetzen!
Sprechen Sie für ihn – Sie können etwas bewirken!
1) Wir müssen nochmals Briefe an die iranischen Behörden schreiben und gegen Majid Tavakolis illegale Inhaftierung protestieren.
2) Wir müssen E-Mails/Briefe an die Außenminister der westlichen Länder schreiben und darauf dringen, dass sie entschlossen zu den Menschenrechtsverletzungen der iranischen Regierung Stellung nehmen und Druck auf die iranischen Behörden ausüben, damit Majid Tavakoli entlassen wird.
Auf Facebook kursiert ein Protestbrief für Tavakoli, bei dem es sich anscheinend um die unautorisierte Überarbeitung einer alten Urgent Action von Amnesty International handelt. Das sollte niemanden davon abhalten den Behörden in Iran zu schreiben. Majid Tavakoli braucht jetzt Ihre Hilfe:
Iranian student and prisoner of conscience Majid Tavakkoli, who is serving a prison sentence in Tehran’s Evin Prison, is in need of urgent medical attention after starting a hunger strike on around 22 May.
Imprisoned Iranian student leader Majid Tavakkoli, aged around 24, started a hunger strike on around 22 May in protest against his detention in solitary confinement at Tehran’s Evin Prison. His brother and others reported on 27 May that Maji Tavakkoli has lost the ability to speak, is suffering from a respiratory condition that has got worse since he has been in detention and is suffering from internal bleeding. He needs urgent medical attention and it is unclear to Amnesty International whether the facilities in Evin Prison’s medical clinic could adequately provide it.
Majid Tavakkoli was arrested on 7 December 2009 after making a speech at a student demonstration. His lawyer was not permitted to attend his trial, which took place in January 2010. According to his brother Ali, Majid Tavakkoli was sentenced to five years in prison for “participating in an illegal gathering”, one year for “propaganda against the system”, two years for “insulting the Supreme Leader” and six months for “insulting the President”. He was also issued a five-year ban on any involvement in political activities and on leaving the country. Majid Tavakkoli is a prisoner of conscience.
In May, Majid Tavakkoli’s parents wrote to the Head of the Judiciary expressing dismay at the treatment of their son. They wrote: “It is amazing that participation in such a civil gathering should have such a high price.” They emphasized that Iran’s Constitution provides for freedom of assembly as long “the foundations of Islam” are not violated.
PLEASE WRITE IMMEDIATELY in Persian, Arabic, English, French or your own language:
* Expressing concern for Majid Tavakkoli’s health and safety, urging the authorities to ensure that he is given prompt and adequate medical care, such as that provided by a fully equipped hospital outside the prison;
* Calling on the Iranian authorities to immediately and unconditionally release Majid Tavakkoli, and any others detained in connection with demonstrations on or around 7 December 2009 who are held solely for the peaceful exercise of their rights to freedom of expression, association and assembly;
* Calling on the authorities, in the meantime, not to hold Majid Tavakkoli in solitary confinement.
PLEASE SEND APPEALS BEFORE 8 JULY 2010 TO:
Head of the Provincial Judiciary in Tehran
Ali Reza Avaei
Karimkhan Zand Avenue
Sana’i Avenue, Corner of Alley 17, No. 152
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Salutation: Dear Mr Avaei
Head of the Judiciary
Ayatollah Sadeqh Larijani
Howzeh Riyasat-e Qoveh Qazaiyeh (Office of the Head of the Judiciary)
Pasteur St., Vali Asr Ave., south of Serah-e Jomhouri
Islamic Republic of Iran
Email: Via website: http://www.dadiran.ir/tabid/75/Default.aspxFirst starred box: your given name; second starred box: your family name; third: your email address
Salutation: Your Excellency
And copies to:
Director, Human Rights Headquarters
Mohammad Javad Larijani
Howzeh Riassat-e Ghoveh Ghazaiyeh
Pasteur St, Vali Asr Ave., south of Serah-e Jomhuri
Islamic Republic of Iran
Fax: +98 21 3390 4986
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (In subject line: FAO Mohammad Javad Larijani)
Salutation: Dear Mr Larijan
Also send copies to diplomatic representatives accredited to your country. Please check with your section office if sending appeals after the above date. This is the second update to UA 341/09 (MDE 13/131/2009). Further information: http://www.amnesty.org/en/library
1992 Yonge Street, 3rd Floor